Requirements: 6.0 and up
Overview: The SketchUp Mobile Viewer brings 3D models to life on your Android phones and tablets, allowing you to open and view SketchUp models any time, anywhere, on the device you want to view them on.
Bring 3D models to life on Android phones and tablets using SketchUp Viewer. Navigate and present your own SketchUp projects, or explore millions of free models in 3D Warehouse for FREE! That’s right, SketchUp Viewer is now a FREE app!
Explore, present, and communicate in 3D. Here’s how:
- Open or download models directly from 3D Warehouse, Trimble Connect, and Dropbox. You can also open models using Android’s ‘Open With’ feature, for example when opening. SKP files sent as email attachments.
- SketchUp Viewer now supports Android’s Storage Access Framework, making it easy to open models from Google Drive and other file storage apps.
- Augmented reality (AR) viewing features enable you to experience your 3D models by merging them with the world around you. AR model viewing features are available for all SketchUp Shop, SketchUp Pro and SketchUp Studio subscribers (also available via in-app purchase. $9.99 USD/yr.)
- With the Select tool and Entity Info panel you are able to get information about edge lengths, the area of faces, volume of solids, and component and group definitions.
- Navigate using multi-touch gestures for orbiting, panning and zooming.
- Choose to view your projects from any of the standard views or Scenes that you may have created up in SketchUp’s desktop and web modelers.*
- Switch between perspective and orthographic cameras for production and architectural drawings.
- Take measurements using the Tape Measure tool and adjust unit preferences to see measurements, dimension strings and Entity Info in the units of your choice.
- Turn layers on or off to control the visibility of parts of your model.
- Control the look and feel of your model by adjusting Edge and Face styles, including X-ray mode, along with toggles to control the visibility of Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts, Axes, and Watermarks.
- Move section planes to get just the right interior view of models, or visualize important elevation and plan views.
* The app supports the following scene properties: Camera location and properties, Hidden Geometry, Shadow settings, Visible Layers, Active Section Planes, Standard Edge Styles, Face Styles, Background/Sky/Ground Style settings, Watermarks, and Axes Location.
This app is recommended for Android phones and tablets running Marshmallow (6.0) or higher with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM.
With SketchUp Viewer V5, you now have the ability to unlock the premium AR Model viewing features by signing in with a Trimble account that is associated with an active SketchUp Shop, SketchUp Pro, or SketchUp Studio subscription.