Overview: Duolingo helps you learn English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Russian, Ukrainian, Esperanto, Polish and Turkish — It’s fast, fun and free.
Practice your speaking, reading, listening and writing skills while playing a game! You’ll improve your vocabulary and grammar skills by answering questions and completing lessons. Start with basic verbs, phrases, and sentences, and learn new words daily.
Editor’s Choice and “Best of the Best” —Google Play
“The best language-learning app” —The Wall Street Journal
“This free app and website is among the most effective language-learning methods I’ve tried… lessons come in the form of brief challenges — speaking, translating, answering multiple-choice questions — that keep me coming back for more.” —The New York Times
Our most popular language courses are:
- English for Spanish speakers (60M learners)
- Spanish for English speakers (50M learners)
- French for English speakers (30M learners)
Our fastest growing language courses are:
- English for French speakers (8M learners)
- German for French speakers (100K learners)
It’s free. Learning a language and improving your skills has never been so affordable.
It’s fun. Learn new vocabulary by playing a game — practice new words by doing quick lessons and answering questions daily.
It’s effective. 34 hours of Duolingo are equivalent to a semester of university-level education. Millions of students use Duolingo to study and learn in language classes at school!
Duolingo is the best way to learn new vocabulary words to read, listen, write and speak English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Russian, Ukrainian, Esperanto, Polish or Turkish.
- Languages Courses Unlocked by default
- Start Lessons Unlocked by default
- Special Offers features Unlocked
- Power-Ups features Unlocked
- Outfits feature Unlocked
- Bonus features Unlocked
- Lessons available offline
- Ads call from activity removed
- Analytics is disabled